Bylaws, Strategic Goals and Plan
Mission Statement: In collaboration with ASPAN, the PeriAnesthesia Nurses Association of New Mexico advances nursing practice through education, research, and standards.
Goal 1: Promote Membership Recruitment and Retention
- Increase responsiveness to member needs and use the results from the Membership survey to Identify areas of improvement.
- Promote visibility and accessibility of the PANANM Board among the membership
- Promote in the Airways, the various PANANM/ASPAN/ABPANC awards and scholarship opportunities
- Continue to provide seminar discounts for PANANM members and nursing students.
- Investigate methods to promote retention and recognition of renewing members.
- Continue to publish and send the Airways and seminar brochures in a timely manner.
- Maintain the PANANM website / Facebook and update regularly.
- Provide information most sought after by membership.
Goal 2: Insure Organizational Strength and Viability
- Actively mentor new officers and other members of the BOD.
- Provide support to Officers, Board members and Committee Chairs for doing the business of PANANM.
- Provide members with the opportunity to give feedback on all aspects of the organization.
- Continue to promote member participation by having Willingness to Participate forms readily available in the Airways, on the PANANM website and at seminars.
- Clearly articulate role performance expectations for all members of the BOD and Committee
- Chairpersons to assure a smooth and seamless performance of the duties delineated on individual job descriptions.
Goal 3: Maintain A Strong Financial Base For The Organization
- Examine all aspects of seminar planning and production.
- Actively involve committee members and BOD in the seminar planning and administration.
- Continue to provide PANANM sponsored seminars annually.
- Discuss ideas, options and frequency of educational offerings provided at the Regional and/or Component level.
- Consistently examine all new ideas for cost containment potential.
- Continue promoting PANANM activities at PANANM seminars and during the ASPAN National Conference.
- Determine frequency, location and topics for ASPAN seminars within the state.
Goal 4: Gold Leaf Award
- Submit PANANM’s application by the published deadline.
- Utilize information provided by the BOD, and committee chairpersons in completing the application.
- Discuss with the BOD the completed application and identify areas for future growth.
Goal 5: Increase PANANM’s Presence in the Community
- Continue the link with other nursing organizations in New Mexico.
- Examine methods of “linking” with other organizations.
- Assure that nominations are submitted for ASPAN’s excellence and achievement awards.
- Continue the PANANM community service projects and donations by identifying organizations prior to the seminars and by promoting activity in the Airways and at the seminar.
Goal 6: Build on and Sustain the Foundation of Excellence PANANM has established
Policy and Procedure Updates and Job Descriptions -
Continue to develop polices and guidelines to help guide officers and Board members.
Maintain current job descriptions to reflect ongoing change and job growth.
Review and revise yearly as needed to reflect the ongoing changes inherent in any dynamic organization
Board of Directors and Committee Chairs -
Maintain an organizational leadership that is goal directed and focused on positive outcomes. Continue to maintain an environment that encourages new ideas, promotes change, embraces challenges and views setbacks as an opportunity for further growth.
Goal 7: PANANM Will Acknowledge ASPAN and Provide Support
- Continue Component affiliation with ASPAN
- Provide a monetary donation, (amount to be determined based on financial strength of the Component) annually to support the National Conference.
- Annually participate in activities that support the ASPAN Development.
- Support the ASPAN Silent Auction at National conference with a donation.
- Promote member participation on ASPAN committees.